Tuesday, December 11, 2018


Reflections on the Lake

I’m back here at the lake, Mom,
Where we talked and laughed for hours.
It’s not the same without you here.
It’s hard every day, but not all the time.

Everyone says I have your heart
And thankfully your good looks too.
All those nice baskets and backpacks we made -
You got Woman of the Year in our small town.
I loved you so much. Everyone loved you.

It feels like just yesterday we were here at sunset,
With pink and orange reflecting on the water.
I felt so safe when you held me in your arms here.

Embraced by the warm breeze here with you
At this moment, I know a bit what Heaven is like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on the  Lake I’m back here at the lake, Mom, Where we talked and laughed for hours. It’s not the same without you her...